Find out what's inside the January 2021 edition of the Journal & download a free copy of this month's featured article
ISSA Announces the 2018/2019 International President and Board of Directors
Vienna, VA – July 25, 2018 – The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) announced today the results of its international elections for the International Board of Directors 2018 – 2020 term.
Candy Alexander, CISSP CISM (New England/New Hampshire) has been elected as the new ISSA International President and will be joined by the following newly elected International Board members:
- Ken Dunham, CISSP, CISM (Boise)
- Alex Grohmann, CISSP, CISA, CISM, CIPT (N. Virginia)
- Wayne Proctor CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC (Metro Atlanta)
Re-elected International Board Members include:
- Mary Ann Davidson (Silicon Valley)
- Shawn Murray CISSP, C|CISO, CRISC (Colorado Springs)
Returning Board members include:
- Vice President Dr. Roy Wilkinson, Ph. D., CPCS, CHS-V CISSP (Atlanta)
- Secretary/Director of Operations Anne Rodgers, CISSP, CCE, PMP, EnCE, IAM, IEM
- Treasurer/Chief Financial Officer Pamela Fusco CISSP
- Director Debbie Christofferson, CISSP, CISM
- Director Deb Peinert, CISSP ISSMP
- Director David Vaughn C|CISO, LPT, GSNA, CISSP
Those newly elected will be inducted during the 2018 Annual Membership meeting in September and join the full ISSA International Board in October at the ISSA International Conference – “Securing Tomorrow Today” – October 17-18, 2018, at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta.
As the only independent forum dedicated to advancing the development of cyber security professionals, ISSA plays a crucial role in fostering industry leaders. With the membership of cyber security professionals and chapters reaching around the globe, the organization also provides a unified voice on key issues, influencing public opinion, government regulations, media and other important audiences.
As leaders of the ISSA, the International Board of Directors are at the forefront of protecting the cyber frontier. Through ISSA, this collective experience is transformed into powerful knowledge and peer networking to help cybersecurity practitioners from all levels of the ISSA Cyber Security Career Lifecycle® – from students to CISOs – to stay informed with rapidly evolving technology and to develop the next generation of cyber security leaders.
Past ISSA leaders and ISSA Hall of Fame award winners include many such notables as Candy Alexander, Scott Charney, Dave Cullinane, Dan Farmer, Pamela Fusco, Simson Garfinkel, Sandra Lambert, Steven Lipner, Jeff Moss, William H. Murray, Marcus Ranum, Howard A. Schmidt, Bruce Schneier, Eugene H. Spafford (aka Spaf), and many more.
- Click on the link for more information on ISSA board members
- Get the latest details on the ISSA International Summit
- Find out more about ISSA International Leaders and Award Recipients
- Follow ISSA on Twitter @ISSAINTL
The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)® is a not-for-profit organization. It is the community of choice for international cybersecurity professionals and practitioners dedicated to advancing individual growth, managing technology risk, and protecting critical information and infrastructure. Its mission is a commitment to promoting effective cybersecurity on a global basis: serving as a respected forum for networking and collaboration, providing education and knowledge sharing at all career lifecycle stages, and acting as a highly regarded voice of information security that influences public opinion, government legislation, education, and technology with objective expertise that supports sound decision-making.
- Marc Thomson