Find out what's inside the September 2020 edition of the Journal & download a free copy of this month's featured article
ISSA Code of Ethics
The primary goal of the Information Systems Security Association, Inc. (ISSA) is to promote practices that will ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of organizational information resources. To achieve this goal, members of the Association must reflect the highest standards of ethical conduct. Therefore, ISSA has established the following Code of Ethics and requires its observance as a prerequisite for continued membership and affiliation with the Association.
As an ISSA member, guest and/or applicant for membership, I have in the past and will in the future:
- Perform all professional activities and duties in accordance with all applicable laws and the highest ethical principles;
- Promote generally accepted information security current best practices and standards;
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of proprietary or otherwise sensitive information encountered in the course of professional activities;
- Discharge professional responsibilities with diligence and honesty;
- Refrain from any activities which might constitute a conflict of interest or otherwise damage the reputation of or is detrimental to employers, the information security profession, or the Association; and
- Not intentionally injure or impugn the professional reputation or practice of colleagues, clients, or employers.