Find out what's inside the November 2020 edition of the Journal & download a free copy of this month's featured article
Deb Peinert, CISSP-ISSMP
With over 30 years in Information Security, Deb has experience in various sectors including, financial, insurance, entertainment, technology and retail.
Currently Deb is a Director on the ISSA International Board and has been an active ISSA member since 1990. The organization has transitioned its functions to a new Executive Director and staff, requiring the standing programs, committees, meetings, processes, and policies to be kept on track. These tactical projects continue as we move forward with strategic goals.
Deb has also served as – and contributed to – the following:
- Founding member and current board member of the ISSA Education Foundation (ISSAEF)
- Formed the Scholarship Committee and process for granting scholarships to college students
- Leads the fundraising efforts nationwide
- Editor for the ISSA Journal
- Worked with ISC2, Qualys CSO Interchange, RSA, and Vanguard Integrity Professionals on educational opportunities
- President of the SF Bay Area Chapter
- Vice President of Education, ISSA International Board (2000-2004). During her terms she participated in the following:
- The ISSA International Conferences and other educational opportunities for members
- The Internet Security Alliance Committee
- The President’s Critical Infrastructure Protection Board in the coordination of White House town hall meetings across the country.
- Coordinated the efforts of the Community Outreach Committee and sponsorship with NCSA’s Stay Safe Online.