Mark Egan is more than a cybersecurity expert, he is passionate about developing the next generation of technology leaders and giving back to the community. Mark founded the CIO Development program, co-founded the CISE security program at Merritt College, and is President of the CISE Education Fund.
Mark works with CXOs to guide digital transformation and cybersecurity, putting in place security programs that balance the need to operate in very competitive environments with reasonable security controls. After more than three decades of guiding technology progress and growth at companies like Symantec and VMWare, today Mark is recognized for his success in strategically scaling IT organizations to support rapid business growth. He brings deep expertise and a thoughtful point of view to each challenge, from IT transformation and information security to mergers and acquisitions. He understands the corporate landscape from every angle and has managed global IT organizations with more than 1,200 employees, budgets in excess of $350 million, and IT integration across more than 60 mergers and acquisitions.
As a mentor and educator, Mark’s work as a founder of Merritt College’s CISE program, one of the highest-ranking cybersecurity programs in California, is helping him prepare the next generation of security leaders.
- CISE Education Fund,President/Founder
- Cypherpath, Board Member
- Viamericas, Board Member
Leadership and Community:
- Founded the CIO Development Program,
- President of the CISE Education Fund
- Co-Founder of CISE Security Program at Merritt College
- Executive Guide to Information Security, Addison Wesley, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2004
- Chief Information Officer’s Body of Knowledge, contributing author, Wiley, 2011
- CIO Perspectives, contributing author, Kendhall-Hunt, Dubuque, IA, 2007
- CIO Wisdom, contributing author, Prentice Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, 2003
ISSA International Events Featuring Mark Egan
CISO Executive Forums
No appearances at the CISO Executive Forum (so far).
No appearances at a web conference (so far).