Find out what's inside the August 2019 edition of the Journal & download a free copy of this month's featured article
ISSA Adds Seven Prominent Cyber Security Industry Leaders to International Board of Directors
Reston, VA – September 7, 2017 – The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA) announced today the results of its international election for the 2017 – 2018 term. Four new cybersecurity industry leaders have been elected to the International Board of Directors: Roy Wilkinson as International Vice President and Candy Alexander, Deborah Peinert and David Vaughn as International Directors. In addition, three board members have been re-elected: Anne Rogers as International Secretary/COO, Pamela Fusco as International Treasurer/CFO and Debbie Christofferson as International Director. These board members were inducted yesterday during the 2017 ISSA Annual Membership Meeting webinar.
As the only independent forum dedicated to advancing the development of cybersecurity professionals, ISSA plays a crucial role in fostering industry leaders. The organization also provides a unified voice on key issues, influencing public opinion, government regulations, media, and other important audiences.
ISSA continues to attract the world’s foremost experts and thought leaders at the local, national and international levels. Through ISSA, this collective experience is transformed into powerful knowledge and peer networking to help security practitioners at all levels – from students to CISOs – stay in the loop with the rapidly-evolving technology climate and to develop the next generation of cybersecurity leaders.
The members of the International Board of Directors are at the forefront of protecting personal and corporate information for some of the world’s largest organizations and government agencies:
- Candy Alexander, CISSP CISM has 25 years of industry experience including numerous CISO positions; she is Chief Architect for the ISSA Cyber Security Career Cycle, an ISSA Distinguished Fellow, and ISSA Hall of Fame recipient.
- Debbie Christofferson, CISM, CISSP has more than 20 years of industry experience; she has served as a leader on the CISO Advisory Council for ISSA’s CISO Executive Forum, as president of the ISSA Phoenix Chapter and received ISSA Distinguished Fellow and ISSA Honor Roll awards.
- Pamela Fusco has over 29 years of experience in the industry and has resided on the US Presidential White House Staff, and has held positions as CISO of Merck, Digex, Apollo Group, and EVP, Citi. She has been honored with numerous awards including a Presidential Citations, ISSA International Hall of Fame, ISSA Distinguished Fellow, and Woman of Influence.
- Deborah Peinert, CISSP-ISSMP has 25 years of industry experience including management positions in various sectors; she served as the SF Bay Area Chapter President, Vice President of Education for the ISSA International Board, and is a founding member and current board member of the ISSA Education Foundation (ISSAEF).
- Anne Rogers, CISSP, PMP, IAM, IEM is the COO/Chief Security Office with ERASCO Group, LLC ; she is a past president of ISSA South Texas (Houston) Chapter and received ISSA Fellow and ISSA Honor Roll awards.
- David Vaughn, CISSP, C|CISO, LPT, GCFA is Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) for Cyber Defense Technologies with over 19 years of industry experience; he also served as Director of Education of the Raleigh ISSA Chapter and received an ISSA Volunteer of the Year Award.
- Roy Wilkinson, PhD, CPCS, CHS-V, CISSP, CMAS, HISP is a former CISO and CSO with 30 years of industry experience, notably serving as senior security advisor for the Olympic Games; he also served as the President of the ISSA Atlanta Chapter.
The new board members will be recognized at the 2017 ISSA International Conference, themed “Digital Danger Zone,” to be held October 9-11 at the Sheraton Hotel and Marina in San Diego, CA.
The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)™ is the community of choice for international cyber security professionals dedicated to advancing individual growth, managing technology risk, and protecting critical information and infrastructure. ISSA members and award winners include many of the industry’s notable luminaries and represent a broad range of industries – from communications, education, healthcare, manufacturing, financial and consulting to IT – as well as federal, state and local government departments and agencies. Through regional chapter meetings, conferences, networking events and content, members tap into a wealth of shared knowledge and expertise. Follow us on Twitter at @ISSAINTL.
Click on the link to learn more about ISSA.
- Kesselring Communications
- Leslie Kesselring
- (503) 358-1012