- This event has passed so registration is closed.
In this session Jason Miller, CEO and Founder, BitLyft Cybersecurity will discuss why a layered approach to cybersecurity is the best method to address advanced cyberthreats and other challenges facing business and security leaders alike.
Topics covered include:
- Breaking through the confusion
- The sheer number of available solutions on the market can easily overwhelm IT and security teams leaders. Our panel will break down which types of products and services are essential (and which aren’t) and what percentage of your budget you should allocate to building a strong security posture within your organization
- Beyond EDR + MSS – Why do organizations need SIEM?
- Our panel will discuss the benefits of layered protection to strengthen your organization’s security and how today’s advanced SIEM solutions can provide crucial insight into your environment, helping you combat threats more efficiently and effectively. And when implemented properly, how it can serve as an essential tool in meeting customer and stakeholder compliance requirements.
- Automation and people – how do they work together?
- A shortage of cybersecurity professionals, along with high turnover and increasing salaries has made organizations more reliant on supplementing people with automation. Our panel will discuss the strengths of each, how they compliment each other and what this hybrid approach might look like in the future.
Pedro Serrano – Chief Information Security Officer, Grand River Dam Authority Engineering and Technology Center
Pedro Serrano has over 35 years of experience managing and installing technical controls in networks around the world, 20 of those in military systems. He is the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) at Grand River Dam Authority (GRDA) a producer and distributer of reliable electricity from Hydro, Coal, Gas, Solar and Wind power plants. Pedro has two postgraduates’ degrees one in Telecommunications Management and the other in Computer Science. Pedro serves as the President of the Information System Security Association (ISSA) chapter in Tulsa, Oklahoma and holds the CISSP certification from ISC2.
Jason Miller – CEO & Founder, BitLyft Cybersecurity
Jason Miller’s 20-year career in IT has focused on network and cloud technologies with a focus on secure architecture and proactive defense strategies. A repeat entrepreneur, Jason was co-founder of SaaS delivery pioneer Reviora, acquired by Concerto Cloud Services in 2014. Jason founded BitLyft in 2016 and has grown the SOCaaS firm to its present position protecting SMB firms in multiple verticals across the United States. Jason graduated from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University with a B.S. in Aeronautics. He continues to fly when not engaged in vanquishing threat actors.
Ken Dunham – Principal Consultant, Global Security Consulting Services
Ken Dunham brings more than 30 years of business, technical and leadership experience in cyber security, incident response and cyber threat intelligence. He is very active in his visionary and leadership roles with World Wide Technology, Optiv, 4D5A Security, and Rampart Research. Mr. Dunham has a long history of innovation and highly successful ventures related to anti-virus, incident response, forensics, Darknet intelligence operations, responsible disclosure, and cyber-threat intelligence. He is also proud to have served the USAF as a contractor for innovation of new training solutions for U-2, Warthog, and Predator programs for pilots and navigators. Mr. Dunham also authored the 2015 ISSA article of the year, “Troubling Trends of Espionage”, has authored multiple books and thousands of computer security articles.
Mr. Dunham founded the Boise ISSA chapter and has been an active officer of ISSA since 2001. The Boise ISSA chapter also orchestrates a very successful annual Information Security conference. Mr. Dunham also serves as an ISSA Journal mentor. Ken Dunham has also been instrumental in other cyber security groups of the industry as a founder of the Idaho InfraGard chapter (FBI) and member/officer of groups like HTCIA and ISACA.
Kip Schroeder – Sr. Solutions Architect, Softchoice
Kip Schroeder is a Sr. Solutions Architect with Softchoice and lives with his wife in San Diego, California. He specializes in Cisco solutions though feels most at home assisting customers with their network security challenges. Kip has been with Softchoice since 2020 and prior to that twice worked for Cisco as a Sr. Systems Engineer for a total of 16 years. In between Cisco stints Kip traveled the world for a year and spent another two working for a manufacturer with a global footprint. In addition to his daily employment you can find Kip teaching network security principles as an adjunct instructor for a local community college. Throughout his career progression he has consistently gravitated toward security technologies earning his CISSP in 2005 along with a host of Cisco network and security certs along the way.
ISSA Webinars and Conference series cover all the continuing education credits to maintain your cyber security certifications. (CPEs, CEUs, ECE, etc). Each hour is equal to one continuing education credit. Certificates of completion are available upon request after completion. For instructions, click here.