Find out what's inside the September 2021 edition of the Journal & download a free copy of this month's featured article
COVID – 19 Updates from ISSA International
Thursday, May 14, 2020
We remain committed to our members, our staff, and our community. The following changes to our scheduled events have been made. Updates will be provided as they are available.
- We are postponing our Awards and Recognition Program to some time in the late fall. Details will be available as soon as we secure dates and location.
Awards nominations window has been extended until July 25, 2020. Click here for details
- Our Cyber Executive Forum event originally scheduled in conjunction with Blackhat in August will be held virtually. Details will be made available as soon as we schedule new dates and times for the virtual session.
- Our Chapter Leadership Summit has been postponed until further notice.
- InfosSec World will run virtually, and we will participate with them. We will socialize information on registering and discounts as they become available to us.
- Blackhat will be run virtually. We will be supporting this virtual event. We will socialize information on registering and discounts as they become available to us.
As the world continues to slowly move back to a more “normalized” lifestyle, we will continue to provide updates as they occur.
We wish everyone health, safety, and success as we begin the transition to the next phase of dealing with this pandemic.
Monday, April 13, 2020
- We have secured GoToWebinar accounts at no cost for all chapters. Chapter leaders have been informed of the availability of these tools to provide virtual meetings and webinars in their local communities. Chapter leaders please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and to secure your account, if you have not done so already.
- We are in the process of rescheduling our Chapter Leaders’ Summit scheduled in conjunction with the Rocky Mountain Information Security Conference in June. We are re-assessing to determine best next steps for a great Chapter Leadership Summit this year.
- We are continuing to build virtual programs and opportunities for members to take full advantage of during this time and beyond.
We know that you are working hard to keep your organizations safe and secure during this shift in working dynamics. Please remember to take care of yourself and be well.
Friday, March 20, 2020
We recently made the decision to cancel our upcoming quarterly Cyber Executive event planned for May 14-15 in New Orleans. We are working on transforming this event into a virtual summit and will have details on our site shortly.
While you are waiting for further information from companies and governments, we have our usual no-cost options for ISSA members to earn continuing professional education credits and catch up on the latest information available for cyber professionals. You can find these resources here:
- Upcoming virtual events/webinars: https://www.issa.org/events/
- Past virtual events: https://www.issa.org/past-web-conferences/
We have secured additional GoToMeeting and GoToWebinar licenses and will be working with our chapter leaders to deploy, providing a way to take your local support, events and networking opportunities to a safe, virtual space for the foreseeable future.
We wish for all our members, families and your communities to be safe and stay healthy.
Wednesday, March 12, 2020
ISSA International has been closely monitoring growing concerns and news from around the world. Our review and decisions are based primarily on the health and welfare of you and the global team during this unprecedented time.
Earlier this week, as the World Health Organization declared this a global pandemic, ISSA International made the decision to pull out of the upcoming InfoSec World 2020 conference and expo where we traditionally hold an ISSA member gathering and support professionals who are in attendance.
We are aware that our ISSA Chapters around the world are canceling in-person events and meetings. We will be working closely with the chapter leaders to provide free tools to allow them to continue to hold the meetings and events that our collective membership has grown to rely on for networking and learning opportunities.
ISSA International will also be working to provide additional virtual webinars and conference opportunities. This will provide you with appropriate continuing education needed to keep current with knowledge and training credits for your various certification requirements.
We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates.
We recognize that this is a challenging time for all, and we remain deeply committed to the safety of our membership, teams, and communities.