Find out what's inside the September 2019 edition of the Journal & download a free copy of this month's featured article
Call for Speakers for the 2019 ISSA International Summit is Now Open
- October 1-2, 2019
- Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
- Dallas, TX USA
Dates and Deadlines:
- Call for Speakers opened May 20, 2019
- Speaker submissions are due June 20, 2019
- Confirmations will be sent by July 12, 2019
Share Your Expertise
The Information Systems Security Association is seeking speakers for the 2019 ISSA International Summit, ISSA’s premier security event that brings together hundreds of professionals from across the United States and around the world. Our goal is to facilitate interaction and education to create a more successful environment for global information systems security and for the professionals involved.
As an ISSA Summit Speaker, you set yourself apart and establish yourself as an industry leader. Our cutting-edge tracks put you in the spotlight to share innovative strategies, latest trends, and thought leadership as we discuss timely topics and the need to adapt in order to protect our organizations in a changing world of growing cyber threats.
Make a Lasting Impression
We are seeking sessions that will be relevant to an audience of varying levels of experienced information security professionals from a variety of industries. Sessions should be solution oriented, proactive, and innovative, focusing on security as a vital part of the business landscape.
Presentations can address any issue that infosec professionals might face, especially the latest being DevSecOps, Privacy+Security, Bridging the Business Gap, and IoT Security – however, any topics submitted are welcome and will be considered. Other popular topics include:
- Mobile Security: Wireless, Mobile Apps, Tablets and Smartphones
- Securing the End Users: Security Awareness Training, Identity Access Management
- Application Security: Application Security, Security Development Lifecycle
- Infrastructure: Encryption, Email and Endpoint Security, Network Security, Data Loss Prevention, Security Intelligence, Data Protection, Cloud Security, Critical Infrastructure/ICS
- Threats & Response: Cyber Crime, Incident Response/Forensics, Threat Intelligence, Malware
- Laws and Regulations: Legal Updates, GRC, Standards, Privacy Regulations
- Business Skills: Presenting the Business Case for Information Security, Professional Development
The audience will be comprised of over 450+ knowledgeable information security practitioners. Job function and interests range from technical to management. About 60% of the audience members are senior level professionals within their organizations (including director, VP, executive, and C-level). Attendees will include ISSA members from regional, national, and international chapters in addition to the general information security community.
Presentation Subject Matter Topics:
There will be a variety of presentations and panel discussions. Presentations will be approximately 50 minutes including Q&A. Panels will be approximately 50 to 75 minutes depending on need. All presentations must be vendor-neutral.
Thank you for your willingness to present at the ISSA International Summit. You will be notified by July 12 with confirmation if your session has been selected. Many factors go into the selection process including; review by our volunteer committee members, number of sessions submitted on a given subject and efforts to vary the perspective of presentations. Proposals may also be considered for other educational programs throughout the year.
- Remember this is an educational venue. Clearly stated learning objectives are a must to consider the submission complete.
- Well-written abstracts improve your potential for selection.
- Speaker(s) understand that some session proposals will be posted online and shared with other educational committees.
- Practitioners are desired. Speakers from any company that sells, or markets information security products or services should be responsible for information security within their organizations. A client may be submitted to present a case study.
- Information submitted (biography, abstract, etc.) may be edited to conform to ISSA style guide.
- Microphone(s) (if needed) and LCD projector will be available for each session. Please be prepared to use your own laptop. Should you choose to use a Mac, you will be responsible for providing a converter or any needed cable adapters.
- All presentations must be educational in nature and may not promote any company, product or service.
- ISSA does not pay travel expenses or honoraria. Speakers will receive a full conference pass and an opportunity to network and support the information security community.
- Presentation slides are subject to review by the Conference Planning Committee.