Home│Registration│Agenda│Lodging & Travel│Chapter Leaders Summit│Sponsors
ISSA is a volunteer organization in which all programs and activities are driven by the efforts of dedicated individuals. The ISSA International Conference offers members, and the entire infosec community, an opportunity to connect & collaborate at this leading event. You can be instrumental in assuring this event is relevant and valuable for your peers. Please consider lending your leadership and expertise.
Use your talents to bring together the educational offerings, presenters and activities that will be most valuable to yourself and your colleagues. Work with ISSA leaders and staff to provide direction and shape the conference.
- Content Development
- Attendee Development
- Vendor Relations
Volunteer Committee Roles & Responsibilities
The 2012 ISSA International Conference Committees will work with the Board of Directors, and an appointed steering council and staff to provide direction and leadership as we plan the ISSA International Conference.
Volunteers should be willing to share their expertise and give guidance on pre-event planning conference calls and web meetings, and selected projects. Volunteers must be ISSA members in good standing and should be involved in the information security community. ISSA will make an effort to ensure that the committee is representative of the ISSA membership including representation from a variety of industries, geographic regions, and job functions. The term of the committee will be for the extent of the 2012 Conference Planning, including post event follow-up and feedback.
Volunteer Submission Requirements
If you are willing to lend your time and talent to these committees please forward the following to Kate Kanapeaux at ISSA International Head Quarters.
- Full Name:
- Organization (employer):
- Volunteer Committee Preference (see below information for details):
- Industry (i.e.,healthcare, government, banking, etc.):
- Phone Number:
- ISSA Volunteer Activities (ISSA leadership, projects or committees you have been involved with):
- Professional Background:
- Goals that you would like accomplish as a member of the committee:
SubCommittees: working groups on specific tracks & speaker proposal review
- Assist in developing a content survey to focus conference tracks
- Use Connect to engage members in recommending tracks/speaker & providing feedback
- Provide direction on educational content for the conference tracks; including topics, speaker recommendations, and review of speaker proposals
- Recommend leading speakers to be review by the Steering Council
- Provide guidance to speakers and review presentations as needed
- Work with other committees to assist with attendee development and vendor recruitment
SubCommittee: Strategic Alliances
- Be the spokespersons for the conference
- Actively reach out to the community and encourageinfosec professionalsto attend (including personal invitations to chapters and other associations)
- Actively engage with potential attendees through social media and other non-traditional venues
- Use Connect to engage members in pre-event discussions and build excitement about the event
- Work with other committees to assist with content development and vendor recruitment
- Actively work with local partner organizations to announce the Conference and encourage their members to attend
- Suggestion relevant vendors to invite to exhibit and sponsor the event
- Encourage vendors to participate in the ISSA International Conference
Note: The Chapter Leaders Summit, Awards program and CISO Forum will be managed under separate committees.