The Information Systems Security Association, Inc. (ISSA) is pleased to offer a site to foster networking and collaboration across geographic and professional boundaries. As we pool our expertise and resources to discuss issues and share solutions, please be mindful that ISSA has made a commitment to reflect the highest standards of ethical conduct and to promote practices that will ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of organizational information resources, including:
- Perform all professional activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the highest ethical principles;
- Promote generally accepted information security current best practices and standards;
- Maintain appropriate confidentiality of proprietary or otherwise sensitive information encountered in the course of professional activities;
- Discharge professional responsibilities with diligence and honesty;
- Refrain from any activities which might constitute a conflict of interest or otherwise damage the reputation of employers, the information security profession, or the Association;
- and Not intentionally injure or impugn the professional reputation or practice of colleagues, clients, or employers.
The following activities are considered outside the boundaries of acceptable use:
- Providing access to any other individual. Members are responsible for any actions that take place on their accounts or private messaging systems.
- Personal attacks
- Discussions that are sales pitches, solicitations or direct attempts to sell products or services to other members.
- Trolling, which we define as posts or threads, which knowingly lead to overly strong negative and emotional responses for mere shock value.
- Off topic or inappropriate posts
- Misleading other members regarding your identity
- Uploading of any software or content that you do not own or have permission to freely distribute.
- Promoting or encouraging any illegal activity including hacking, cracking or distribution of counterfeit software.
- Attempting to interfere with, hack into or decipher any transmissions to or from the servers.
- Knowingly uploading files that contain a virus or corrupted data.
- Improper use of support or complaint buttons or making false reports.
- Modification of any part of ISSA site without prior written permission from ISSA International.
Off topic or inappropriate postings may be moved to a more appropriate forum or removed completely depending on the nature of the post. Examples of such posts would be off-topic posts in a compliance discussion, or a technical help question posted in a policy discussion. This will be done to facilitate proper communication on the forums and allow for the flow of conversation. Posts that have been removed are not to be reposted.
Enjoy the community – particularly the opportunity to network with those you might not encounter in your daily activities. Get involved and lend your support to furthering ISSA’s mission to assist information security professionals to be the best they can be.